Monday, October 13, 2008

Portland Trip with Mom and Brynley

Tuesday afternoon Mom and I and Brynley left for a quick trip to Portland. We had a great time. Aunt Elaine let us stay with her (despite her busy work schedule I might add, thanks Aunt Elaine) and we got to see a whole lot of family. Tuesday night we saw: Aunt Elaine, Allyson, Uncle John, Aunt Marza, and Dallin and ate at Gustav's a German restaurant with swiss cheese fondue---never had it before and loved it so much I went home with a stomach ache. Wednesday morning we saw: Aunt Karen, Lindsay, Katelyn- and then headed off for some shopping to Clackamas Towne Center. I LOVE that mall. After shopping we met some of my other cousins and visited Aunt Cheryl in her new place. She is battling cancer and I'm happy that she is happy and near some of her kids. After our visit there we met more cousins that I haven't seen for a while for dinner- it was incredible!! You may be asking "Paije, how many cousins do you have???" Well, the answer to that is, I believe, over 60 first cousins! Aren't I lucky? So, to dinner at a great mexican restaurant called La Carreta, which I am told is known for putting plenty of cheese on their dishes. I knew I'd be happy there! Dinner with Debbie, Mary, Clarissa, Jenni, Cyndi, Kyle, Daniel, Mom and Brynley was delicious and fun. We had quite a crowd there despite the last minute plans. I was so happy to see all of them and grateful they made time to see us. We came back pretty pooped, but my cousin Allyson was kind enough to let me try out her Wii--what a fun toy! I think I look like a real idiot while playing though. (no comments from the peanut gallery on that one) Thursday morning we got up, packed and headed home. Couldn't have asked for better!

1 comment: