Friday, June 6, 2008

Sliders vs. Lightning Girl

Ok, so we (the Sliders) had our first soccer game last night. We lost :( However, this was not wholly unexpected. Only 1 of our gals has played an indoor soccer game before and we lost 2 of our players last minute to injury and son in hospital. I was really impressed by the 3 women on our team that have never played soccer before in their lives, they are picking it up pretty quickly. Anyhow, you are saying "Paije, what is with the title of this posting?" Yes, I'm getting there. Well, it turns out that the team we played last night is supposed to be one of the hardest in our league. One of their players was just drafted to a Professional Canadian Women's team. Yup, you heard me right. Anyhow, I was calling her Lightning Girl (for obvious reasons). And yes, she schooled me a few times. Ok, ok...more than a few. She was really just toying with me. I would've liked to have hated her, but she really was one of the nicest gals you'd ever meet. I wish her the best of luck in Canada....and good riddance. Parri scored a goal and I had an assist to Nikki who scored. So at least we didn't end with a big goose egg. Despite the clear lopsided-ness of the score (the scoreboard read 7-2 although they actually scored a few more than that) We really had a blast!! I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to share, but maybe next time. Thanks to all of our fans who were there!!! Wish us luck next week! Paije

2 comments:

Parri said...

Paije you were a "soccer star" I loved being able to play with you. Next game we go out on the field together....

Cole said...

I had a blast on thursday! It's been ten years since I last playeand then I only played jv my soph. year. Before that I played when I was eight. I'm hoping my feet start listening to my brain soon. I hope my brain starts remembering what to tell me feet too. :)

Are you supposed to hurt EVRYWHERE?