Saturday, April 19, 2008
Portland Oregon
Tom and I got the chance for a quick get away this weekend to Portland, Oregon. My cousin had his wedding reception and seemed like the perfect opportunity to go. Thanks to the wonderful perks of Dean's (Tom's Dad) employment with Marriott, we got to stay at the beautiful Downtown Marriott for $50! The reception was really nice and it was fun to see some family. Since we were kid-free, we woke up when we wanted to this morning and had the best breakfast at the Marriott restaurant.....for FREE! Turns out the lady at the front desk thought that we had to wait a little too long to check in and she gave us a voucher for free breakfast, can't beat that! After breakfast, we were off to find the house where my parents lived when I was born....very humble beginnings! (see pic--it actually looks smaller in person) Then we went to the Portland Saturday Market. We saw some interesting people and things (see other pic of my new "glasses") After that we headed to Woodburn to the outlet stores (about 25 min. away) and got a few things. It turns out that Tigard has a "Stuffed Chicken Tortilla Factory", so you can guess where we ate lunch...AGAIN! (See previous posting if you aren't familiar with this restaurant.) The ride home seemed so quiet without 4 kids in the backseat. We stopped at the Cabela's store and Tom spend his giftcard on some hunting pants. We also tried out the shooting gallery...please watch the slideshow and note that the score on the RIGHT side is mine :) So all in all, a busy, but PERFECT weekend away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Small world...Andrew and I spent this past weekend in Portland too! :) Andrew has been working there for the past several weeks and so I finally decided I needed to come and see my fam!
Paije you left out one important moment of your day...scaring the CRAP out of your sister in the Gap! I am going to get you back for that.
Post a Comment