Two weeks ago, today, my Grandpa Palmer passed away. We knew that his time was short, but it's amazing how it still seems to take you by surprise when the news actually comes. We travelled to Umatilla, OR for the funeral services and a few days later attended his graveside service in Poulsbo, WA. They were lovely services and I was reminded how lucky I am to have known my Grandparents so well and that my children had the chance to really know their Great Grandparents. Grandparents are a real blessing. I am happy to know that my Gma and Gpa are together again. I imagine it was a joyous reunion.
5 days after my Grandpa's passing, I broke my ankle playing soccer. No huge surprise, I guess, when you are 33 pretending to be 18. The break will heal itself, but I cannot put any weight on it for 3-4 weeks....which means crutches and after that I have to walk with the boot/cast for 3-4 weeks. It happens to be my right ankle, which means.... yup you guessed it-- no DRIVING for 8 weeks! I've decided that I am the most clumsy person on crutches I've ever seen. Getting the kids where they need to be without be able to drive has posed a most difficult problem... many wonderful friends/family have gone to great lengths to assist. What would I do without them?
5 days after my Grandpa's passing, I broke my ankle playing soccer. No huge surprise, I guess, when you are 33 pretending to be 18. The break will heal itself, but I cannot put any weight on it for 3-4 weeks....which means crutches and after that I have to walk with the boot/cast for 3-4 weeks. It happens to be my right ankle, which means.... yup you guessed it-- no DRIVING for 8 weeks! I've decided that I am the most clumsy person on crutches I've ever seen. Getting the kids where they need to be without be able to drive has posed a most difficult problem... many wonderful friends/family have gone to great lengths to assist. What would I do without them?
Then, this afternoon, we got a call that Tom's grandfather passed away. We knew that his time was close, and felt blessed that Tom was able to go and see him a few weeks ago. They were quite close and we will miss him terribly as well. So, we will be travelling to Idaho shortly to attend the services there. I am eternally grateful for the blessings of wonderful families and to know we will see our loved ones again.




2 comments:
sorry to hear that you have lost some family members. i hope the next couple of weeks bring healing for the heart and your ankle!
you are in our prayers. if you are this way, let me know! we'd love to take you to lunch. glad you aren't driving tho- i'm sure you thought you could still do it huh!! :)
Post a Comment